Friday 1 February 2013

All about my dad

All about my dad: a poem for father's day

Here's a poem for Father's Day
That's all about my Dad,
Who shares the special times with me
The happy and the sad..
A kind and quiet and gentle chap,
With a warm and loving smile,
Who knows that people matter most
And goes the extra mile..
Whenever times are difficult
And people are demanding,
You're always there to lend a hand
With love and understanding..
You love to nurture tiny plants
And sometime beg my pardon
For giving me so many things
To plant out in my garden!
But you've shared a little secret
That is sent from heaven above -
That the way to make your cuttings grow
Is shower them with love..
And you know that people come and go
And everything must pass..
But a world that's built on love and care
Is one that's built to last!
So I have a special little wish
I'd love to see come true
And that's to be the kind of Dad
That's half as good as you!

No comments:

Post a Comment