Tuesday 19 February 2013

Today's Poem : When Emily's in Da House...


You may be sleeping peacefully
And quiet as a mouse
But you'll get a rude awakening
When Emily's in Da House..
You're dreaming dreams of silent bliss
Away from daily cares
When suddenly the Light Brigade
Come charging up the stairs..
Your synapses will shatter
And your eardrums they will pop
You'll wonder if the booming bass
Is ever going to stop..
The floorboards they start creaking
Like an old ship in a gale
As you jam your knuckles in your ears
Until they start to pale..
The windows tense to breaking point
They've frightened off the cat..
There must be 50,000 people
raving in that flat..
Perhaps a herd of buffalo
Has snuck in there as well..
Or lost souls beating kettle drums
from the very depths of hell?
I like to think I'm tolerant
I do not like to grouse
But sanity's a fleeting ghost
When Emily's in Da House..
I have to put a stop to this
I'm going to get my way
By bringing in a marching band
Around about mid-day..

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment